Admission to the Development Studies programme at Valley View University will be available to any student who meets the academic and character requirements of the University and who expresses a willingness to co-operate with its policies and values. Since the Seventh-day Adventist Church operates Valley View University, any student who will feel comfortable within the religious, social and cultural atmosphere may be admitted. Applicants must have one of the following academic requirements in order to be admitted to the degree programme in Development Studies.
- GCE 'O' Level: Five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) GCE 'A' Level passes and a pass in the General Paper.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination: Six strong SSSCE passes in three core subjects (Mathematics, Integrated Science and English plus other electives, preferably in General Arts. (Geography, Economics, Government, History, Literature etc).
- West Africa Secondary School Certificate Examination: Six strong WASSCE passes in three core subjects (Mathematics, Integrated Science and English plus other electives.
- Other diplomas and certificates deemed equivalent to (1) or (2) of the above will be considered on merit.
Mature Students (25 years and above): One of the following:
- Five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level or School Certificate credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Holders of Teachers’ Post Secondary Certificate.
- Pass the entrance examination organized by the university